27th Annual Convention
October 25, 2013
Deadline: Proposals must be submitted by March 31, 2013
Posters must be submitted by September 20, 2013
The Connecticut Psychological Association is now accepting proposals for the 2013 Convention. The Convention Committee is looking forward to an exciting, high quality conference with a multitude of activities. The CPA Annual Convention is an opportunity to exchange ideas, gain visibility, share successes and insights, enjoy being creative and renew professional relationships. We look forward to your response!
We encourage submissions across a broad range of topics. This year’s Convention will offer a variety of themes to address the array of interests expressed by our clinical, academic and community based colleagues. We are especially interested in topic areas around trauma and childhood abuse, issues in neuropsychology, ideas regarding mind-body integration and innovative practice ideas and research findings . Collaboration with other professions and community personnel, psychological assessment, and research/academic questions and programs are appropriate for submission.
Given the extremely positive responses, large number of excellent proposals submitted in recent years and only one day of programming, we anticipate that not all proposals will be accepted. Therefore, proposals will be selected based on relevance to professional psychology and their “fit” with the overall program framework. Only proposals submitted before March 31, 2013 will be considered.
When submitting a proposal, please note the following:
- The curriculum vitae of the primary presenter must be included. Students are also strongly encouraged to present.
- All lead presenters and Ph.D. presenters need to pre-register for the Convention and pay the presenter reduced registration fee prior to the Convention. It is hoped that auxiliary presenters will register as well.
- Indicate the specific length of time you would prefer for your presentation. Final decisions regarding acceptance of programs, time allocated to each presentation and time of day for presentations will be made by the Convention Committee.
- Proposal decisions will be determined by 5/1/2013.
- Posters should be submitted by September 20th directly to Pamela Huebner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN PRESENTING AT THE CPA CONVENTION!
Pleaser submit your proposal online here: